Yujin Gakuen is a public school and one of the 4J School District’s alternative schools. Any student within the District’s attendance area may enroll in Yujin Gakuen via the school.
Yujin Gakuen encourages all students to attend regardless of physical or academic ability, gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. In fact, research indicates that students with learning disabilities tend to be more successful in a bilingual immersion environment (Genesee, Fred. Dual Language Development and Disorders 2006).
No tuition is charged; there is a supply fee. Families living outside of the 4J School District must obtain a district waiver.
All new students must enter by using the school choice process the first year.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will be given priority in the lottery system.
- Enrollment forms for the following year may be submitted anytime from the first week in January until the first of March. Enrollment packets may be obtained in the school office or by calling 541-687-3590 and should be delivered directly to the District office once their child has been accepted.
- Yujin Gakuen will hold school visits, an open house, and other events during this period. Parents should ask questions and be sure that they want their child/ren in a Japanese language immersion program.
- The School District will hold the lottery drawing in March.
- Students not drawn for immediate enrollment will be placed on a waiting list in the order drawn.
- Parents of newly enrolled kindergarten students are asked to attend a New Student visitation event in May.