Dear friends and families of Yujin Gakuen:
There were some important changes announced since last week’s newsletter, and I want to make sure families received the updates.
Hybrid Return Updates
Here is the linked 4J Parent Communication that families received Friday. See key information below:
Elementary schools will hold on-site orientation for kindergarten and first grade students during the week of March 15, before spring break, to provide a supportive start with small-group meetings and modeling for our littlest learners. K–1 students will begin a full hybrid learning schedule after spring break, starting March 29. Please watch for specific information to come from your school.
Expected timeline (*new information and updated dates):
• March 2*: Elementary families notified of classroom and cohort assignment. Note: this has changed since Friday
• March 5 & 12*: Elementary asynchronous learning days, teachers prepare for hybrid transition
• March 15*: Elementary classroom changes implemented
• March 15 week*: Grades K–1 attend on-site orientation events
• March 20–28: Spring break
• March 29: Grades K–1 begin full hybrid learning schedule
• April 5: Grades 2–5 begin hybrid learning model
• April 12: Grades 6–12 begin hybrid learning
Family Zoom Meeting – Tuesday, 6:00-7:00
We will be hosting a family zoom meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, night from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
Topic: YG Tuesday Evening Meetings
Review of the recent updates and timeline
What’s to come – although I think this will be very limited as I don’t expect any changes
Video – A preview into the building and playground
Questions from families that we can collect and send to 4J
What families can do to prepare, logistically and emotionally
Join Zoom Meeting shared via email