Dear friends and families of Yujin Gakuen:
We are excited to start the school year with in-person learning, and all students attending together for the first time in the 850 Howard building. The intent of this letter is to provide you with information about how our campus will function this year. As you may expect, there will be many changes given that health and safety will be our first priority. We ask that you read this information carefully and reach out if you have any questions.
Thomas Masaru Piowaty
Yujin Gakuen Japanese Immersion Elementary
Eugene School District 4J
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.790.4640
Doors open at 8:20
Kindergarten Transition “Kinderzone.”
Kindergarten students will start on Thursday, September 9th. The doors open at 8:20. Students may come in for breakfast at that time. School begins at 8:30, but students will still have time to eat breakfast after the start of the day.
Back to School Welcome Messages from Teachers, Grades 1-5
Teacher teams will be sharing welcome videos introducing themselves and welcoming students and families.
Question and Answer Session on Zoom
We will hold an question and answer session on Zoom Thursday afternoon, from 3:45-4:15. Families will have the opportunity to ask questions about back to school and health and safety. We will have the school secretary, counselor, school nurse, and building principal available to answer your questions. We will also hold a question and answer session for families who are new to Yujin Gakuen immediately following the
Q&A session at 4:15 pm for families new to Yujin Gakuen.
Meeting ID: 972 9746 2754
Health and Safety:
Along with the safety procedures outlined above for student arrival and dismissal, we will also be increasing cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the building.
- Students and staff will wear face masks, follow social distancing requirements (3-feet to the extent possible.
- Frequently wash or sanitize their hands, and keep frequently touched surfaces clean.
- Staff will sanitize desks after each meal.
- Custodial staff will clean high frequency touch points through the day.
When to keep students home
Here is a set of guidelines to help all kids stay healthy and ready to learn. This is a great resource if you have questions about when and for how long, to keep your student home from school.
While we love having parents, families and other guests in the school, we are not able to have any non 4J students, families or volunteers inside our school.
Volunteers who have passed their background checks may volunteer to help supervises students outside the building during drop off or pick up. If you are interested in volunteering to help direct traffic in the mornings and afternoons, please contact the office at (541) 790-4606.
Only YG and Kelly staff will be able to enter the front office. If you need to provide information to our Secretary, please call 541-790-4606.
School Breakfast and Lunch:
- Again this year, ALL 4J students will receive breakfast and lunch at no charge.
- Breakfast will be eaten in the classrooms.
- Students are still welcome to bring lunch from home.
- Students will not be able to heat food items in a microwave.
- We encourage students to bring a water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- If bringing a cold lunch, please pack items for your students that they can independently open. Of course we are still able to assist if needed, we are just trying to limit our contact with the personal items of others.
- Lunches brought from home will need to be free of nuts.
Students do not need to bring back school supplies. Supplies are provided at school so each student has his or her own supplies.
Student’s Personal Items:
Students should bring minimal personal items to school (backpack, coat, device, possible cold lunch). All personal items should be labeled with your child’s name. All toys should be left at home.
Arrival and Dismissal: |
School hours are 8:30-3:00 Monday-Thursday; 8:30-1:45 on Fridays.
- There is no supervision before 8:20 am. or after 3:15 pm (2:00 pm on Fridays).
- Students must be accompanied by an adult at all times and therefore not dropped off early to wait.
- The doors open at 8:20, and students may enter at that time. Students may take a sacked breakfast and milk when they arrive.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
We are doing some revisions of the drop off and pick up procedures, and we may be changing the traffic patterns for the first grade students. More information will be shared with families on Wednesday afternoon/early evening.
Thank you for being patient and understanding as we coordinate our drop off and pick up procedures and the associated traffic. We expect to see some “hiccups” as we get started, but things will move along smoothly after the first week or so.
If you have questions about the arrival and dismissal procedures, please contact the office at 541-790-4606. Thank you for supporting Yujin Gakuen.
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Rosh Hashana ends at nightfall.
Thursday, September 9, 2021
8:30-3:00, Kindergarten Transition “Kinderzone.”
12:00-12:30, Kindergarten Open House/Meet the Teacher on Zoom
3:45-4:15, Back to School Question & Answer on Zoom
4:15- Kocho Sensei will hold a Q&A for families new to Yujin Gakuen
Friday, September 10, 2021
8:20, Doors open, students enter and pick up breakfast
8:30, Instruction begins. Students will have time to finish eating breakfast
1:45, Dismissal for all students, K-5
Monday, September 13, 2021
Safety Week Begins
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Yom Kippur begins at nightfall
Thursday, September 16, 2021
Yom Kippur ends at nightfall
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
7:00-9:00 pm, 4J School Board Meeting
Friday, October 15, 2021 – No School
Professional Development and Planning Day