Site Council Meeting Agenda and Notes
School Year 2021-2022 – Meeting Dates
|Sept 23||Jan 20|
|Oct 21||Feb 17|
|Nov 18||Mar 17|
|Dec 16||April 14|
Members Present: Rebecca Hart, Lisa Heyamoto, Sayaka Chesterman, Ashley Baker, Tom Piowaty
3:15-4:00 Virtual meeting via Zoom
Welcome and Reconnect
- School Photos – Friday, Oct 1
- Mural Update – Opportunity to celebrate?
- Outdoor Learning Area – See photo
- Cherry Tree – Main Location, Second Location
- Starting easyCBM assessment this week and will continue into mid October
- Homework Club is up and running but with fewer students due to physical distancing
- Rebecca heard families are happy to be back in school. Some got involved in the COVID resting kits.
- Lots of comments about the parking.
- First parking – signage in first grade lot pattern is opposite. Shall we put up different signs?
- Other comment – needing a second or third crossing guard. Crossing on Park and Howard Avenue.
- Traffic patterns so heavy. Hard to make turns. Adding to the challenges.
Questions or concerns raised by Parent Groups
- Site Council Beginning of Year Tasks
- Review role of site council By Laws
- Calendar – determine when and how frequently we meet – propose 3rd Thursday each month
- Subcommittees – this year
- Outline work plan
- Review Decision Making Grid
Outline a work plan for the year
More information about the site council can be found on the YG website: https://yg.4j.lane.edu/site-council/
School Photos – Friday, Oct 1.
Mural Update – The new YG mural has been completed. A parent asked if there would be an opportunity to celebrate. At this time, we would not be able to have a large gathering. We would like to thank Bayne Gardner for completing the mural in the first couple of weeks of school.
Outdoor Learning Area – See photo. The outdoor garden space has been cleared of blackberry bushes and the old shed was removed. This provides something like a clean slate to prepare for a YG and Kelly garden space. We hope to start planning a garden when things settle down for both schools.
Cherry Trees – 4J grounds will be planting a set of cherry trees in the Main Location and Second Location. Click the hyperlinks to see photos. Grounds will do the planting later in the fall after the rains start to soften the soil.
Starting easyCBM assessment this week and will continue into mid October
Homework Club is up and running but with fewer students due to physical distancing
Parents report that families are happy to be back in school. Some families got involved in the COVID testing kits that are going home each week. We sent out 64 kits last week.
Lots of comments about the parking. First grade parking – signage in first grade lot is opposite of the traffic pattern is opposite. We have a work order to remove the signs to that it’s less confusing.
Parents reported that traffic patterns are so heavy. Hard to make turns. Adding to the challenges.
Other comment – about the need for a second or third crossing guard. Crossing on Park and Howard Avenue. After the site council meeting, we had a safety specialist observe the traffic during arrival and dismissal. In addition, the district will be discussing the need for crossing guards at each school. More information will be provided later this fall.