Dear 2nd grade families,
For those of you who missed the Q&A session for 2nd grade families, you can view the recording using the link below:
If you would rather have the summary, here are the main points of what we discussed:
- Maran Sensei will teach 2nd grade English. She was taking a leave-of-absence, but will return on October 18. She will be meeting with Monica Sensei to plan for the transition.
- Alison Johnson, who had been scheduled to substitute for most of the time between 10/18 and 10/29, will also be working and supporting the class with Maran Sensei.
- For the Japanese side, Ann Gilles was assigned to substitute for most of the two-week period between 10/18 and 10/29. She does not speak Japanese, but she is one of our “go-to” substitutes. She is familiar with our program.
- For Japanese instruction, Jodi Garratt, who is also a YG parent, will be working on Wednesdays and Thursdays (and alternating Fridays) until we can hire someone to finish the year. Jodi Sensei is a native Japanese speaker, and recently obtained a license to teach.
- Naoko Sensei works 5- hours a day Mon through Thursday and Machiko Sensei works Fridays. Together, they will be providing support for Japanese instruction so students can hear Japanese all week long.
- A full-time Japanese teaching position will be posted soon, and we will hire a teacher some time in November.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Have a great extended weekend.
Principal, Kocho Sensei
Yujin Gakuen Japanese Immersion Elementary