YG Family and Community Message for the week of September 4th-8th.
Hello YG Families
The first day of school is finally here. I am looking forward to seeing your students coming through the YG doors ready for a year of fun and learning. I know you have received emails from your students’ teachers last week and I hope your child was excited to hear from them. Our staff take great care to build positive relationships with your students and will spend time creating caring classroom communities where students feel safe and ready to learn during the first few weeks of school.
This week we will welcome a whole new group of kindergarten students.
- Wednesday, Sept. 6th, all YG staff will welcome kindergarteners only.
- Thursday, Sept 7th, we welcome your 1st through 5th graders.
- 9/5/23 – 11-12 – Meet your Teacher
- 9/14/23 – 6:30-7:30 – First PTO meeting of 23/24 school year.
- 9/15/23 – 5:30-7:00 – Back to School Picnic, hosted by YG PTO
- 9/27/23 – Curriculum Night – 6:00-6:30 – K-2 ; 6:45-7:15 – 3rd-5th
Notes and reminders
- YG PTO – please join this amazing group of families. There is something for every level of participation.
- One fun opportunity is to volunteer at a home game
- Nuts for lunch – we ask that you please do not send nuts to school in your child’s lunch. We will have an “oops, I forgot and brought nuts” table available just in case.